- Plug your supported cameras into the network and turn them on. Camect will find and configure them for you.
- Plug the Camect Home recorder into your network, power it on, and claim it at our web site.
- You’re done 🙂 . You may want to personalize your service a bit, e.g. assign names to your cameras if you have several of them.
With extra configuration effort, it’s also possible to use almost any unsupported camera that has a local video stream url.
- Securely view your cameras anywhere on your phone or laptop.
- No changes to your network firewall (aka “port forwarding”) are needed.
- Use any recent version of Google Chrome or Safari, on your laptop, desktop, or phone.
- No plugins (which are often insecure) are needed for you to be able to view your video.
- View all of your cameras in one place. Avoid having a separate app for every brand of camera.
- Your video is recorded locally on the internal drive or on your NAS.
- Video of interesting events can be copied to cloud storage (currently Google Drive or Youtube) if you wish.
- View video securely over an encrypted connection.
- Your Camect Home recorder connects directly to your viewing device (aka “Peer to Peer” or “P2P”).
- No third parties have the opportunity to snoop on your unencrypted video.
- If you want more video storage, just buy a USB drive and plug it in, or use a NAS device.
- You probably won’t need to do this. The included disk is more than adequate for most homes.
- Avoid the high monthly fees, and worries about who has access to your stored video, that may come with cloud storage.
- Receive email with a short video clip if your cameras see something interesting.
- Improve what you see by rating the alerts you get. The system learns your preferences.
- Quickly find interesting events when viewing recorded video.
- Share some cams with your neighbors to implement a real neighborhood watch.
- Let the grandparents check in on your kids, but only during the day.
- Allow your friends to check up on your home, but only while you are away.
Our goal was to build a system that’s affordable to everyone, and especially to make it affordable to own and operate several cameras.
- Before any discounts, our network video recorder already costs less than it would to buy the hardware without any software in the USA.
- New: See the beta program page for current deeply discounted prices.
- The internal 1TB drive will get you weeks or months of free video storage depending on your camera configuration.
- Our optional cloud service is free for your first camera.
- Additional cameras cost $2/month or less … compare to $5-10/month for comparable services from other providers.
- Our service works with many different cameras:
- These cameras cost significantly less than cameras of closed proprietary systems like Nest or Arlo.
- Many third party cameras also provide better video quality or higher resolution than you’ll get from a closed system.
- Mix and match cameras to get the best configuration for your home.
- Our cloud service uses much less of your internet upload bandwidth than popular closed systems. You don’t need to pay for a supersized broadband connection in order to have multiple cameras.
The Camect Home smart network video recorder is a video recorder that configures your cameras, records your video continously, and detects interesting events. It can operate fully independently of the Camect Cloud service.
The Camect Cloud is an inexpensive subscription service that adds cloud-based features such as alert notifications and sharing to your Camect Home recorder. The Camect Home recorder includes a lifetime subscription to Camect Cloud for your first camera.
Camect is in beta release now. Sign up to try it!